Today, I received a text, saying "I Miss You".
It's flattering when someone thinks of you in a very special way, especially when that someone is from an opposite sex. The thing is, i think of him as a little brother whom is in need of some special attention, he is by the way... 6 years younger than me. Lets just called this little brother as SiG, shall we?
SiG is a very special young man, where thru reading his blog...i feel that he's a very sensitive person by nature. A young man who needs guidance in realising his fullest potential in life. A person who's smart intellectually, but a little tangled when it comes to emotional side.
Main reason why i blog today was purely explaining the mechanical side of how people fall in love and some, having a crush, deep crush...almost similar to falling in love but a little different, in my own word.
I came to know about this crush thing when i was about 8 - 9 years old. Where if you have been following my journey (Blog, obviously !) you'll noticed there's an write up about it in here
Well some more of it coming up soon ;) (my case..sooner than u think hehee) but just to show that i know how it felt to be, having a big crush on someone ;), really BIG CRUSH.
Those days, i thought i was IN LOVE with that someone, until one fine day i woke up and then...the feeling was totally gone....and it happens just like that. After a series of falling in CRUSH with different men....i come to realise that, crush normally lasted very short, say about a week, a month, a year ( the longest i fell in crush...heeee) When i said, having a crush, i meant having to fantasized about this particular person without having any solid relationship which doesn't includes SEX.
Normally, when you have crush on someone...you fantasized about this person, the thought and everything about her / him lift up your mood. Be it, the smell of her / his perfume, body sweat, gestures, specific body parts eg. eyes, lips, mole, face shape, fingers, neck, waist, bossom...etc...even legs...for my case, teeth (bizarre but true...bahahahaaaa) will always reminds you of that specific person. Even to the way they talk, tone of voice, certain sentence, words....etc...even the way they laugh...and the funny part is...the minute you get to know about their flaws....the feeling that you thought was love....fades....some can be overnight, some can take a while...but the main point here is....it fades....that's when you know, what you felt was purely CRUSH.
When it comes to love, about the same as the above mentioned, the difference is it lasted even until you think you found someone to replace that particular person. Even how far you go, even after you guys didnt see each other for the longest time, the feeling is still the same...and it'll never go away. Even after you found out a lot of their flaw...weaknesses...hidden demon or whatever you called it...the feeling is still the same....you'll even feel that you're not complete if you don't have that person next to you or in your life. Sometimes....no matter how long apart you guys were away from each other, the thought of that specific person keep haunting you. Some of the places will triggered that nostalgic feeling and will make you wonder, where is he / she? How is he / she doing? How does he / she looked like now? And a million other questions that comes with the thought of that particular person.
Some recovered from it, some choose to never forget about it, who thinks of that special someone dearly no matter wether he / she is already with someone else...some just couldn't recovered from that so called severed broken hearted case. Which comes to my bonus question of the day....Which one are you?
As for me, i tasted all of the above....so go figure ;) ! I still think nothing can beat the feeling of being in love and at the same time loved by that special someone. That's when you know, even if you have two left feet syndrome...youwill definately tango like there's no tomorrow!
Before i sign off, I would like to salute those who have found their GREAT BIG LOVE in life...no matter wether they've lost it due to religion, death or even simply because of indifferences....that may love prevailed and especially those who've been looking but never finding IT ;). May you find what you're looking for, altho some may have to cross the ocean or wait patiently for it to finally appear at their door steps.....
I would like to share some of my favourite love quotes ;) Have fun reading!
1. "You don't love someone for the looks, or the clothes, or their fancy cars, but because they sing a song only you can hear."
2. "In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged" ~ Hans Nouwens.
3. "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." ~ Albert Einstein.
4. "Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open." ~ John Barrymore.
5. "Hope is patience with the lamp lit." ~ Tertullian.
6. "Nothing compares with the finding of true love; because once you do your heart is complete."
7. "There's nothing in this world so sweet as love. And the next to love the sweetest thing is hate." ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
8. " The art of love....is largely the art of persistence." ~ Albert Ellis
9. "Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." ~ Loretta Young.
10. "Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare." ~ Dale Carnegie.
11. "One forgives to the degree that one loves." ~ La Rochefoucauld.
12. "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation." ~Plato.
13. "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes." ~ Hugh Downs.
14. "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." ~ Alfred Lord Tennyson.
15. " You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. " ~ Sam Keen.
16. "True love stories never have endings." ~ Richard Bach.
17. "There is no instinct like that of the heart." ~ Lord Byron.
18. "Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." ~ Marie Curie
19. "Every man has his own destiny: the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads him." ~ Henry Miller
20. " There are two kinds of sparks, the one that goes off with a hitch, but burns out quickly. The other is the kind that needs time, but when the flames strikes...it's eternal, don't forget that." ~ Timothy Oliveira.
21. "We were written in the stars, my love, all that separated us, was time, the time it took to read the map which was placed within our hearts, to find our way back to one another."
22. "Sometimes new love comes between old friends. SOmetimes the best love was the one that was always there."
23. "A man is not where he lives, but where he loves."
24. "Live the life you've dreamed." ~ Henry David Thoreau
25. "We love because it is the only true adventure."
26. "You know when you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face but in your heart as well."
27. "When love is not madness, it is not love." ~ Pedro Calderon de la Barca.
28. "When you love someone, all your saved- up wishes start coming out." ~ Elizabeth Bowen.
29. "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."~ Nora Ephron.
30. "Where there is great love, there are always miracles." ~ Willa Cather.
31. "I'd like to run away from you. But if you didn't come and find me....i would die." ~ Shirley Bassey.
32. "To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world."
33. "Remember, there are no mistakes, only lessons. Love yourself, trust your choices, and everything is possible."
34. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to love without you."
35. " Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
36. " It's so easy to fall in love but hard to find someone who will catch you."
37. "Soulmates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not perfect but are always perfect for you."
38. "Grow old with me! The best is yet to be"
"Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for"
Mytha ~ Soulmate
3 days ago