Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reaching The Unreachable...

Menggapai Impian


Today's the first day of Hari Raya, and i'm still up thinking as usual, about a lot of things...mainly about life.

Earlier on, on the raya eve.... i had dinner with my family (mum, sister in law/ Vince, nephews/abby & avin) and my close friends ( Mem, Che Che D, Em & Sam)....the soonest i'm back at home, i suddenly felt and realise... how empty my house is...almost as empty as my heart...

After leaving Kinabalu Annex, and before heading home....i drove to the bank and i decided to roam around KK afterward, just to get a hang of that Raya Fever this year....it wasnt as jammed as few days back...where people rushing to buy new clothes and some other things for their family and loved ones....

Me? Let's just say, this year i don't feel the urge of buying clothes for myself...instead i told myself maybe it's time for me to get some clothes for the less unfortunate and the people that was left behind by their own family...

A few days earlier...my mom was telling me about a homeless guy she hired to look after our family house back in our hometown. Jeff, that was his name. Before hiring him full time, to look after the house, my mom used to hire him part time to do some gardening and farm work for our family home backyard.

Little that i know, Jeff, was asked to leave his family house because his mother thought of him as a burden to his family, because he's actually mentally retarded since birth.

Now, you tell me..what's wrong with the world now adays? Doesn't the word sympathy have any meaning anymore? What happen to helping the less unfortunate?

I'm definately not a millionaire at this moment, but if it can make a less unfortunate person to smile when they get a plate of rice or a new clothes....i don't mind at all... maybe to us it's cheap but for them it's A NEW CLOTHES! Some of them can't even afford to buy a piece of underwear!

From what i heard, Jeff's relatives felt embarassed because he had to stay with us at our family home store house instead of staying with them...but if they have brain they would have offered him a place to stay on the first place!

I was with mom at Giant CityMall and i had to practically tricked mom into coming with me to find Jeff a pair of new clothes. I felt really happy when i imagined how he would react when he sees his new shirt and pants...i secretly hope i can buy a mini radio for him so he can listens to songs over the radio. Imagine that he never watched television, have no friends to talk to, his only friend is his 15 ringgit handphone sized radio.....my heart breaks into pieces when i try to imagine living in his shoes....

I always believe, even animals you can train..and this is a living human being we're talking about here....altho he's mentally retarded, he's a human being for god sake! Have mercy!!!!

I wish i could do a lot more...for now, i just do my best to do some small things and see how it'll go from there...I'm sure Jeff will turn out to be a better person dispite his less fortunate upbringing. I secretly wish that, one fine day his family will finally sees him as person who's indipendent far better off than those junkies, who are well equipped with healthy brain but didn't see how lucky they are! And i secret wish that one fine day, Jeff will find a girl to settle down and have a family with....

May he finds what he's looking for in life....Selamat Hari Raya....

2 comments:

LaViaP said...

how big is jeff? the same as me? i have a few clothes that i have not used in ages.

From D'Gurl Herself said...

Jeff's 2/3rd of Brat's size hun... abt the same height as or slightly lower