Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rainbow ....from LIDO with Love

Yesterday, after the usual routine closing the Kopitiam and about to go back home, "Makcik" noticed this beautiful rainbow at the back of the Kopitiam, while on our way to the car park.





Just look at that!



I quickly took out my old Canon IXUS 40! And here are some of the images! At the same time, I remembered Lillian Too once mentioned about taking pictures while making it looks like you're receiving your rainbow on ur palm...it's very auspicious!






My "rainbow blessing" from above ;)


Then after, we went back home and fetch NONONG ( my god daughter) for dinner at where else ;) KFC heheeee at LIDO. While everybody was busy eating... i looked on my right hand side (from the glass wall, inside-out) and immidiately noticed the signboard " PERSATUAN CATUR LIDO" with 5-6 tables with chinese chess marking on top. Which made me think, what is it about associating yourself to an association or group? Do they really feel bored sitting or relaxing at home?






"Makcik & Nonong" The Signboard

The Chinese Chess Top


After cracking my head trying to think or come up with an answer to my own questions...at the same time i managed to whacked my KFC ( RIBS ONLY! haha), i decided to go out and finally take picture about this mystery "Chinese Chess" thingy.

I'm kinda new to this, and curious at the same time..i managed to take several pictures of the table and the "buah" to use for a chess match. The picture with the old man and his chess partner comes with a warning (well a friendly one that is, he told me " Amoi (girl), don't published it in the newspaper" hehe..."I didnt Uncle just on my blog" , i replied...i'm not sure though if he understand the word BLOG ?

The table & the "buah" This is how you start this game


The Uncle and his chess friend

Which made me think again, why and how did they start to know this game and what was the purpose to be there other than play chess?

As soon as i started walking towards the Supermarket Lido....I found my answers! Below picture, a group of friends with their fishing rod (THANK YOU GUYS!!!! Hi Jas, sorry for the delayed...I was having a blogger's block :p). It hit me that, it's not all about being a somebody in an association or pure hobby, the feeling of security being one of the person who's actually in that particular group. Imagine planning a fishing trip like this, and comparing who caught the most fish or maybe even who got the best, latest fishing rod? Does this makes sense? It's the feeling of sharing something with someone that made a difference. The same reason why i'm blogging these out on my blog!

I wanna share a friction of my life's episode about things i like, places i go and people i meet. What i learn out of it. As i'm still learning about all the things i see or even some unanswered questions i have in mind.



Special thanks to Jas & Fishing Friends (HUGSSS) for allowing me to take their picture!!


Why do i even bother to share my blog for public to see? I just wanna be more open about myself and maybe somewhere somehow, some of the things i blogged out can make a difference in someone's life......I'm done with bottling things to myself.


ROBIN PATRICK

This is a face from my past whom i can never forget, Robin Patrick. We used to be in the same school (SBPL) way back in 1991' - 92'. He shared his song with me, knowing that he might get into trouble with the rest of the people (well some of them) and together...we won the talentine competition! (errr...well it was second or maybe 1st place - singing "WONDERFUL TONIGHT" ) where he played the guitar and we sang duet ;) . Because of that (SHARING) i have my memory of a lifetime that somehow, i, Irene Johan... deserved to love and be loved. And Robin dear, if you're reading this...I'm really thankful for what you did that time, for simply being NON JUDGEMENTAL about people surrounds you and for standing up on what you believe in. He was really a good man and still is....

P.S : I found this while having one of my "too many question, but no answer" moment. Have fund reading! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lido


Yours Truly,

IRENE JOHAN

1 comment:

LaViaP said...

oooo.. now thats explain lida